It’s human nature, isn’t it, to constantly strive for more. More money; bigger job; fancier home; flasher car. Buy more; consume more; be more. Really??
But as I get older and (dare I say?) wiser, I have come to realise that most of the very best things in my life aren’t things at all.
Uncluttered Living’s Top 10 of the best things that aren’t things… (in no particular order)
- my husband’s hand resting gently on the small of my back as he sleeps;
- Sunday morning cuddles with my affectionate, funny and loving 12 year old son;
- The sloppy Spoodle kiss of our faithful hound as he tries to entice me out of bed for his early morning walk;
- the emerging manly beauty of my articulate, compassionate and generous 15 year old son;
- the catch in my heart which never fails to move me as I crest the hill that brings me within sight of the sparkling ocean cradling my beautiful home town;
- festive, social, happy, chatty Friday drinks with friends;
- long, meandering phone calls with my Mum;
- saluting the sunset over the river, a glass of chilled white wine in hand, from the Bowls Club terrace;
- the tangy, fragrant, luscious first mango of summer;
- rejoicing in the sweet perfume and fresh beauty of flowers straight from the Saturday markets.
What are YOUR best things that aren’t things?
Uncluttered Living is a decluttering, downsizing and home organising service based in Brisbane, providing warm, friendly, fast and professional support to help you take back control of your home and your life. If you like what you read in this blog, check out the rest of our website on www.unclutteredliving.com.au and COMMENT, LIKE and SHARE here and on our Facebook page.
Contact Uncluttered Living Principal Nicki Kenvyn on 0439 977 199 or email if you need help to declutter or downsize your home. Gift vouchers are available for any amount.