Could you give away 50% of your possessions? Courtney Carver did…..and it changed her life.
It took Courtney about a year to give away and sell 50% of her stuff. She says the first “big-give” gave her the courage, confidence and desire to let go of even more. Way more. Courtney says it wasn’t always easy, but it was absolutely worth the effort.
If you want to experience all the benefits of a decluttered life, 50% is a great place to start. It sounds extreme, but once you start moving from room to room you can declutter the things that don’t matter and that you don’t care about. You’ll reach the half way point sooner than you think. You can probably do an initial sweep and box up 10-15% of your stuff and not even notice it’s missing. The next round might be a little tougher, but the lightness you feel from the first pass will motivate you to keep going.
Five reasons why you should give away 50% of your stuff …
- Give away 50% of your stuff and give the most important things a chance to rise to the surface.
- Give away 50% of your stuff and discover mental clarity to choose how you really want to live your life.
- Give away 50% of your stuff so you can live in a smaller space.
- Give away 50% of your stuff so you discover that you are not your stuff.
- Give away 50% of your stuff because it will never love you back.
According to Courtney, “The real eye opener for me was when I couldn’t remember most of the things I gave away. I’ve never searched for something that I didn’t keep or felt like I made a mistake giving things away. I’ve learned that living with less is a blessing and not a sacrifice.”
Read Courtney’s inspiring story here: http://bemorewithless.com/50/